Yesterday a friend and I visited the historic Fire Island Lighthouse. It is about an hour drive from where I live. If you haven’t made a trip to the Lighthouse it is a must. Here are a few tips if you plan a visit.
- The best parking spot is field 5, which is the last parking lot before the Lighthouse. Park at the far left end.
- Take the wooden hiking path that leads to the Lighthouse. It is about a 20 minute walk. When we wet there was a barricade due to COVID but they are easy to bypass and most were wearing masks.
- Make your way past the Lighthouse to get the best photos (if you are there at sunset). You’ll see what I mean below from my pictures.
- Be on the lookout for deer but please do not feed them. They are very friendly but always remember they are still wild animals.
- Take your time and explore. There is lots to find if you are curious enough.
Here are a few of the best images. Enjoy.